Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Update: After getting some estimates on the costs, the apartment manager agreed to pay for all the costs that are involved to fix my car.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I've been thinking on and off about how to schedule things for VO4, and I've come up with a tentative plan for what to do on Saturday and Sunday.
- After everyone wakes up, we head to Marshall's for some breakfast.
- After Marshall's, we hit up Dave and Buster's since Grapes mentioned to me that he hasn't been there before.
- Lunch at D&B's or we can head to House of Japan. When we eat will depend on how much everyone eats at Marshall's, where they have huge pancakes :P
- To keep ourselves from food coma, I was thinking of having some sort of outdoorsy activity. I had mentioned Frisbee golf to Velius, who initially thought that involved throwing quarter-sized Frisbees into a golf hole ;) There's a Frisbee golf course around the Ohio State west parking lot, so I could give a brief OSU tour too if people wanted to see the campus before or after golfing. If there are any other activities in mind that anyone wants to do, we could do it during this time as well.
- The new Indiana Jones movie is coming out the week of VO4, so if everyone has a joint interest in seeing it, we could go see it as a group after dinner.
- If after all this we're not too tired and it's not too late, I will treat all =VGI= members to Graeters.
- This will primarily be BBQ day involving cooking, eating, football throwing, badminton playing, rock banding, karaoking, Bang!, Mafia, and maybe some poker if enough people are interested.
- This was a random idea that just came to mind. We could have a =VGI= dinner on Monday night be one where every person prepares a dish that is somehow related to your =VGI= name.
Anyway, this is the tentative plan I had in mind. We don't have to follow it by any means, but I figure since I'm the host, I have a plan in case no one has any idea on what to do :)
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Honda gives all of their XM radio-capable cars a free 3 month subscription, , and on the long drive from PA to Ohio, I discovered how nice it is to have XM radio since before, I was usually station hunting about 4 or 5 times during the drive to find something that I want to listen to. With XM, the station stays the same wherever you are. XM also transmits all the info about what you're listening to like artist and song title, which is nice for those times when you're thinking "hmm...I've heard this before, but I forgot what it's called...". Although I do find it funny that for the channels that have commercials, the commercial info will come up as well.
The weather hasn't been that nice the past couple of week, and since K2 is white, it's pretty easy to see any sort of dirt and stains that get on the surface from rain splashing off the ground -_- This got me looking up online on what is the best way to wash/wax a car, but unfortunately, car washing and waxing seems to be a black art as all the sites I've looked at have their own "best" ways of washing/waxing cars and opinions on which products work best. I ended up getting some ideas, but I didn't have easy access to a hose, so I ended up taking K2 to a local car wash place that was always teeming with expensive-looking cars, so I figured it was a pretty safe bet. Sure enough, they did a pretty good job, so K2 is all nice and shiny again :) Once I move into my new apartment and get settled in, I'll try to figure out this black art of car washing...
The only negative thing I have to say about K2 is that the front driver and passenger doors doesn't shut with the same "thud" of a new car anymore, but I guess that's to be expected.