Friday, September 5, 2008

My Driving can bend time and space...and more...

So when I went home for the weekend, D showed me a letter from Violation Management Services that said that I got a traffic violation ticket in Culver City on July 10th, around the time that I was in San Diego.  I know I wasn't pulled over at any time but perhaps I got caught on one of those silly cameras that catch red light runners or something.  But after I dug up my car rental receipt and took a look at where Culver City happened to be in relation to San Diego, it became pretty obvious that they have the wrong person.

Exhibit 1: Culver City happens  be 130 miles away from San Diego, and given that my rental car receipt said that I driven a total of 14 miles, there's no way I could have driven over there.

Exhibit 2: The letter said that performed said traffic violation at 8:15 AM.  Now, my car rental receipt said that I had returned the car back to the rental place at 8:41 AM, which means that unless I was driving 300 MPH away from Culver City, there was no way I could have made it back.

So unless I have the amazing ability to wormhole through 130 miles or time travel, I think VMS has the wrong person...

Update: A woman from VMS called me this week and apologized profusely about the issue and said they figured out the problem.   Someone messed up at reporting the violation date, which was suppose to be on August 10th (instead of July 10th).  In addition, D got another letter from Culver City which had the photo of the culprit,  a brunette female driver...

No comments: