Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend fun ^_^

This weekend proved to be pretty fun ^_^ Addie came over to visit over the weekend since she had Monday off because of Columbus day. This past Saturday was another home game for the OSU football team as we took on the Wisconsin Badgers, and armed with my football season tickets for home games, Addie and I and a couple of my other friends who ordered tickets together enjoyed an afternoon football game. Back at Cornell, I rarely attended any of the sporting events at Cornell even though the football gamd basketball games were free to students since Cornell really isn't up there in terms of athletics (although the Cornell hockey team is pretty decent), so I really didn't know what to expect. When Addie and I got to the stadium, we were greeted with a sea of people wearing red, grey, and white, and I was truely amazed by the amount of spirit that people had for the OSU football team. Now, this isn't just the students that were wearing the colors, but other families, kids, and even babies got into the spirit of the game. I was told that the seats my friends and I got were in the nosebleed section, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We had a good view of the entire field and the giant screen that flashed stats, graphics, and other motivational tools used to rev the crowd up in cheering for the team. One of the biggest treats was watching the OSU marching band do their preshow before the players came out. They would start off in a square, but then proceed to spell out a script "Ohio" on the field, with a dotted 'i' to boot! It's hard to describe how intricately they spelled it out and how the band members weaved through each other to keep the cursive form, but it was truely sight to see! Unfortunately, the game didn't go OSU's way too much as the Buckeyes lost 24-13 :( Even worse, there was an obnoxious and VERY annoying Wisconsin fan yelling and screaming right behind me and Addie the entire game -.- Despite that, it was a great experience to sit and watch an actual college football contender ^_^



On Sunday, while Addie and I were out shopping at the Polaris mall, I finally got around to using this $20 gift certificate from Best Buy to get the first season of Knight Rider on DVD ^_^ Knight Rider was THE show to watch back during my younger days, and although it seems aged a bit, I still feel the same excitement watching it over again as David Hasselhoff drives the world's most famous Trans Am, the Knight Industries Two Thousand, through seemingly impossible situations such as dodging artillary shells in a bombing field. I hope the release the other seasons too on DVD! ^_^

No comments: