Thursday, October 7, 2004

Fore! Incoming clubhead!

To all my readers (all 3 of you :P), sorry for taking a while to update. I actually went back home this past weekend to spend some time with my girlfriend Addie. Since we're kind of far apart, it's hard to find time to spend together, but we're managing as best as we can. One semi-funny thing happened this past Saturday while Addie and I were out at a driving range out at Bumblebee Hollow. Addie was using her mom's clubs, and since I didn't have clubs of my own, her dad let me borrow his clubs. At first, I wasn't having too much success with my iron shots, so I decided to switch up to one of the 5-wood drivers. Now, on one of the shots with the driver, I made contact with the ball and began to watch the ball sail up in the air when I noticed there was something else travelling to the right of it. I looked down at the driver, and needless to say, the club head had decided to go travel with the ball >.< I felt really bad about damaging the club and began worring about what Addie's dad would say, but Addie assured that her dad would be fine with it. A quick cell phone call back to her house, and her dad didn't seem too worried about it, but he did say to try and retrieve the club head. So Addie and I went back to the pro shop and asked one of the guys there if they would retrieve the club head since no one is allowed out in the driving field. Thankfully, the guy said that they could retrieve the club head AND offer to send the club back to have it replaced (apparently, this isn't the first time a club head has flown into their fields :P). Although the shop charged a $25 fee for it, I felt a bit better knowing that the problem will be taken care of ^_^

No comments: