Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Weekend update with Kungfucius

Since I hadn't been home to PA for a while, I figured that it would probably be better to go back earlier now while the work load hasn't piled up yet. It always feels good going home because everything is just so familiar, and you know where everything is and where to find it. Plus, there's nothing like mom's home cooking :)

My mom has become quite master saleswoman of Lexus cars as she managed to help one of her friends buy one at the local dealership nearby. They managed to get a good deal on an RX-330 special edition since the dealership was doing its end of year clearance sales before the new models come in. Another nice perk is that my mom knows one of the salesman at the dealership rather well, so I got to test drive the Toyota Prius. This car is probably the ultimate geek car not only due to the fact it's a hybrid, but almost everything inside is digital, and there's this huge touch screen in the middle of the car that controls nearly everything from the stereo to the air conditioning to the GPS system. Another interesting fact I learned about the Prius was that it uses a continuous variable transmission, so the tone of the engines was basically the same no matter how you accelerate. However, the Prius probably won't win any drag races as I put the petal to the metal and watched the digital speedometer gain only about 5 MPH every second. On the flip side, it was cool to see the MPG gauge display 99.9 MPG as I was driving :P

I also got to have dinner and hang out with Addie for a bit as well for the weekend. We did some painting together and she cooked dinner for the two of us, so I feel we're on good terms with each other. But in case you're wondering, the chances of us getting back together as a couple are probably nil at this point. She probably wants someone who's closer to her, which is pretty much impossible for me to fulfill. Oh well, guess I'll have to be content being single.

Cute link of the day: All together now....Awwwwwwweeee! Too bad cats can't stay cute like this forever.

Video of the day: Yeah, I would hate to have this job too...

No comments: