Tuesday, December 18, 2007

2007 New Years Resolutions in review

One nice thing about a blog is that it's a good way to keep track of random things and events, so I went back to visit those 2007 resolutions that I posted a while ago and see how I did.

1) Graduate within the next year: Well, I made a lot more progress on research this year, but it'll look like I'll have to be a student a bit longer. The good news is that it's looking like I'll graduate around this time next year.

2) Stay positive: Although this one sounds pretty generic, it had been pretty hard to keep my head up with the stress of research and other things in years past, but I believe I did an ok job of looking on the bright side of life.

3) Do a bit more to take care of myself: Over the spring and summer, I was doing pretty good in keeping this up by playing basketball, tennis, and scaling mountains, but once fall and winter rolled around, I took a step back.

4) Blog more: Post count is up, so mission successful!

5) Find that special someone: No g/f, so a big FAIL on this one. Although a recent fortune cookie said that love was around the corner........nah, that's not happening :P

Overall, I'd say I accomplished 2.5/5 resolutions, and batting .500 ain't too bad.

No comments: