Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Years Resolutions

Grrrr....I hate evening naps (especially due to food coma from a large dinner) since it makes normal sleeping tougher -_- Anyways, to pass the time by I've posted some New Years Resolutions.

1) Graduate within the next year: I feel like I've sort of slacked off a bit going down the Ph.D. road. Granted I've never really learned anything that I'm doing in my Ph.D. while i was an undergrad, but I'm not going to make that an excuse. So time to hit the research book a bit harder.

2) Stay positive: The past couple of years have been sort of a roller coaster ride for me emotionally at times with school and other miscellaneous things. But having the extended time off at the end of December and beginning of January to get away and not worry so much gave me some time to recharge for this year.

3) Do a bit more to take care of myself: Pretty much try to make more of a conscious effort to eat better and keep the body active. The roads in my apartment complex are shaped in a giant oval, so I try to take a walk around the oval every so often to clear my head and get the heart going. My mom bought me a huge Sams Club sized bottle of vitamins, so I also keep reminding myself to take one in the evening.

4) Blog more: Last year, the cove was sort of relegated to random links and such, but I'm doing my best to keep it updated now. It's always cool to get comments, so keep those up! :)

5) Find that special someone: I'm putting this up but I don't think I'll likely follow through with this. It's been sort of tough for me to forget my ex for the past year or so since I'm probably too nice to her at times, but I'm getting over it. Ah well, maybe I'll get pleasantly surprised one day...

No comments: