Sunday, January 6, 2008

2008 New Years Resolutions v. 1.2

It's time again to give yourself some new goals for the new year, and I'm looking to see if I can improve on my 0.500 batting average on last year's resolutions.

Graduate this year/Find a job: Yeah, I know that Kira won't be happy with me repeating some of my resolutions, but I have a much better idea of my graduation schedule now, so hopefully this'll be the year that it happens.  I'm combining this with the job resolution since my advisor thinks that there're opportunities for me this year to find a job before I graduate.

Lose some weight: M is convinced that I've somehow gained weight, so to keep her from nagging me, I'll strive to lose some weight this year.  I'm about 858 Newtons at the moment, so we'll see what the scale says at the end of the year.  I think ideally, I want to be in the 823 Newton range.

Wake up a earlier each day during the weekdays:  I've been typically getting up at around 8:30 am to 9 am, so I'll try to make more of the day by getting up an hour earlier, like around 7:30 am or so.  Maybe I need to move overseas or something, because I was getting up at around 5 am without any problems while I was at Taiwan :P

Cut back on Ice chewing:  This can be a good or bad habit depending on how you look at it.  I can chew through a bowl of ice as if it were a bowl of pretzels, and on one hand, I could look at it like I'm replenishing lost water for my body (and maybe burning some extra calories at the same time since my body needs to warm the ice into water).  But on the other hand, it's easier to drink water, and ice chewing probably won't be good for my teeth in the long run.  I've already had practically every teeth-related health care done on my teeth and don't particularly care for any more in the near future, so I'll take care of my teeth and cut back on the ice chewing.

Maximize fun for Veg Out IV: Columbus Edition, and Veg Out V: EVACuation Edition:  The task has been put on me to plan the next two Veg Outs, but I sorta enjoy planning get-togethers.  Hopefully I can follow in the footsteps of Catnipped's awesome hosting in Seattle, and we can finally have Grapes attend a Veg Out :)

No comments: