Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Furniture

I have a pretty sturdy dining room table, but the chairs that I have are definitely on their last legs since the legs look like they might fall out at any moment.  So yesterday, I made a run to Ikea to see if I can find some new chairs for my table.  I sat on a few and was initially set on picking up a set of four Börje chairs, but then I saw the nifty looking Granås glass/metal table set WITH four chairs for less than the four Börje chairs.  After some debate with my parents, I decided that the deal was too good to pass up and picked up the Granås along with four Rivta seat cushions since the metal chairs were a bit stiff.  I also picked up a Karsten office chair with arms since the fake leather/plastic on my old one was starting to peel apart and the cushioning on it wasn’t cushy anymore.  The new table set looks good in the apartment, and my butt’s thanking me for the new office chair :P

New Dinner Table and Chairs

New Office Chair

As for food this weekend, my parents and I went to Mark’s Duck Palace since we’ve heard that they’re the only dim sum place nearby, and boy, the restaurant was PACKED like a NYC dim sum restaurant, but it was easy to see why since the dim sum was top notch.  Mark’s Duck House will definitely have to be a VO DC restaurant destination.

No comments: