Monday, September 27, 2004

Golf balls and football

It's been quite a sports filled menu for me this past weekend. On Saturday, my friends Yan and David (pronounced da-VEED) and I went to Dublin to hit some golf balls at the driving range. Now, for those of you who think that golf is easy, you probably only ever played mini golf, because being able to hit a golf ball consistently straight is probably one of the hardest things in life :P I didn't start off too hot either as most of my shots just slid along the grass in front of me instead of travelling through the air. Fortunately, David was explaining the mechanics of the swing to Yan since Yan had never been to the driving range before, and I began trying some of David's tips to try and get some better shots going. Fortunately, I found out that I was muscling the ball rather than leading with my hands in the swing and generating club head speed, which is apparently very important in getting the ball to travel in the air. Fixing that, I finally got some good shots going in the air, albeit they were slicing (meaning going to the right) :P



Sunday is always time for FOOTBALL, and the Green Bay/Indianapolis game turned out to be almost like a video game played on Tecmo Super Bowl :P The game was chalk full of crazy offensive numbers as the score was 21-14 at the end of the FIRST QUARTER o_O. But reality set in from the 2nd quarter on, but that didn't stop Payton Manning from throwing 5 td passes and 393 yards. Brett Favre didn't do too shabby either, going for 4 tds and 360 yards. Jevon Walker for GB likely had a career day with 3 td catches and 200 yrds receiving, but he had a critical fumble late in the 4th quarter that led Indy to take the lead for good. This game was built up on the qb matchups, and both Manning and Favre didn't fail to disappoint ^_^ As for my fantasy football team, I'm just barely ahead right now according to my pal Tony who's keeping score with Yahoo stat-tracker, but I still have players to go on Monday night. Hopefully, my team'll hold on for the win and sole possession of 1st place ^_^

No comments: