Monday, January 3, 2005

Rainy Monday

It almost seemed too appropriate that it would be raining all day in Columbus for the first day of classes here at OSU. But for me, it actually felt a bit refreshing coming back to school now and getting back into the daily grind. I have two classes this quarter: EE711 (Antennas) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and EE894 (Method of Moments 2, also popularly known as MoM) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The antennas class is taught by our lab director John Volakis, who is generally a good guy but very vocal and demanding, but he seemed to give the impression that he's going to put his best effort into teaching the class. As with most first days of classes, the student attenence is huge, but I was even surprised to see around 50+ students in the antenna class, with a majority of them being undergraduate students. Since I never had an antennas class before and a good portion of electromagnetics focuses on antenna design, I figured it would probably be in my best interest to get one in :P



Cingular finally managed to finally get my brother's new phone up and running today. My mom, brother, and I got a new plan from Cingular right after Christmas since our family plan with T-Mobile expired on Christmas day, and I just couldn't pass up getting a Razr for $50 in Flushing, NY :P My brother also ended up getting a new Motorola V551 since the T-mobile coverage at Princeton, NJ where he lives is kind of spotty. Number transferring proved to be strangely easy for me and my mom; I had my number carried over in about 3 hours, and my mom's number carried over in a day. But my brother waited 3 days, and still no service for his new phone. A quick call to Cingular rep insured, and we found that there are still "bugs" in the system to carry numbers over, and the rep said that they have had problems where random numbers to be carried over would be "missing". But I'm glad to see that Cingular fixed the problem rather quickly for my brother, though he had to wait an extra 3 more days. As for me, I'm a happy panda with my new razr ^^ The extra thinness makes it more comfortable to keep in my jean pockets compared to my old Samsung S105. Also, the speakerphone feature of the phone absolutely rocks! Now I can just set the phone on speakerphone, leave it on my desk, and do other things like fold laundry while still being able to talk on the phone ^^ The reception also seems to be much better at my apartment, so another added plus to a great phone.

No comments: