Friday, June 29, 2007

So...you're going to eat that...

Continuing with the food posts by Catnipped and Kabitzin, I also have a food-related story to tell today. David and I were at our favorite lunch place on Friday, and we're at the point where the chef asks each person how they wanted their steaks cooked (assuming that you had ordered steak). David and I both requested our steaks to be cooked medium rare, and then the women sitting to the left of me said how she wanted her steak cooked, and then she further requested that she "wanted the trimming too". It took me a while, but I then realized that she wanted the piece of fat on every steak that the chef usually cuts off and disposes off when he starts cooking it. The women also made a quick comment to her friend that the trimming was "the best part of the meat" o_O A lunch meal at the House of Japan is quite a good sized meal by itself (you get a salad, fried or steamed rice, a sample of shrimp, a serving of chicken and steak, bean sprouts, and a dish of sherbet at the end), but I guess she wanted more...

No comments: