Friday, April 27, 2007

Some not so exciting credit card news...

About two weeks ago, a couple of my friends and I tried out an Italian restaurant nearby called Trattoria La Tavola. They had a wide selection of various Italian dishes, but the kicker was that you could order different sized portions, which allowed you to try different things at a reasonable cost (I ordered a Homemade Fettucine and a Bianco Pizza). Well, at least I thought it was reasonable at the time, but I got my credit card statement and somehow my meal got charged twice -_- I made a call to the credit card help line where a nice and overly-courteous customer assistant woman basically said I should first try to sort it with the restaurant first before they get involved. So I drove over a bit later and talked to the manager, who seemed to already know that this was a problem and said that he had talked to the credit card people last week, and the second charge would be removed from my account in about 5 to 7 business days. I guess I could have pressed him more about it, but the manager gave me his business card and told me to call him if I hadn't been credited in the next couple of days.

I can see how this could have happened since I pretty much use my Amazon credit card to purchase about everything these days, so the magnetic strip could be starting to wear out from the constant swiping.

No comments: