Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Racquetball of Fury

In trying to keep up with resolution 3 of my New Years Resolution, I've been trying to keep myself active with various sports to counter the effects of sitting in front of a computer screen for 8 hours a day. David has also been trying to stay fit as he has some chronic back problems, so today we teamed up with our friend Ben and hit up the racquetball courts over at RPAC, Ohio State's newest and nicest gym available to students.

Having a tennis/ping pong mentality when it comes to playing racket sports, I had to adjust a bit to the fact that it's ok to have the ball travel behind you as long as you hit it back with one bounce, and the ball physics are also a bit different as there were times I expected the ball to bounce but it ended up dying and vice versa. And man....after hitting around for just 10 minutes, the racquetball room began to feel like a sauna even though there was AC being pumped in from the ceiling. Fortunately, I was wearing my imitation Under Armor shirt so the sweat evaporated pretty quickly. Also, having to serve from the middle of the court puts you in immediate danger as I got pelted 3 times, two on the back and once in the head -_-. But it's ok though...I ended up winning 2 of the 3 games we played :P

Speaking of Balls of Fury, check out the movie trailer here. Ping Pong meets Mortal Kombat!

No comments: