Monday, May 28, 2007

Some short movie reviews for Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to all! This summer's been turning out to be the summer of movies for me as I've seen 28 Weeks Later, Shrek the Third, and Pirates 3: At World's End in the past three weeks. Without getting into too much detail (as I tend to forget certain details and names from movies rather easily if I only see it once), I'll give you my feelings about each one of them.

28 Days Later: I'm not a big fan on zombie movies, so this one got a big "meh" from me. There were definitely parts that were intense as you're watching the survivors try to get away from the "rage" plagued people, but I didn't like the way the "rage" virus was introduced into the quarantined city.

Shrek the Third: If you enjoyed the first two movies, you'll likely enjoy this one as well. There's nothing overly groundbreaking about it storywise, but there're plenty of jokes and silly references to laugh at :)

Pirates 3: This movie was long (2 hours and 45 min) but to me it didn't drag as much as the time would indicate (although others might disagree). The biggest thing that bothered me was the convoluted plot which featured more crosses and double crosses than a sneaker shoelace, but fortunately, this movie was a lot more fun than the second one. It felt weird to see Chow Yun Fat as an pirate though o_O

No comments: