Friday, September 7, 2007

Out of shape :(

While Dragon and I were taking a water break during our tennis session today, Dragon suggested running suicides as an extra activity to exercise ourselves. For those who aren't familiar with how this works, here's a court diagram to help you visualize.



Starting at the sideline, you run and touch the alley line, the center line, the further alley line, and then the further sideline, but each time you touch these respective lines, you run back to the sideline you started at. I've done these back in tennis camp and during the tennis season in high school, so I figure hey, it should be a good workout. And to add to the level of difficulty, I told Dragon we should do this down all four courts that were next to each other.

So we line up at the sideline and start running. But by the time I get to the third line, my legs were already crying for me to slow down -_- I look over and David and his face had pretty much the same reaction as me. So after the third line, we both walk back up to the fence and were leaning over, huffing and puffing. During this time I'm thinking to myself wtf...I did these things so easily back in the day, and now I'm struggling just to get past one stupid court -_-

It's time to get off my butt and do some more cardio...

No comments: