Sunday, August 29, 2004

FOOTBALL!!!! and other stuff :P

Not too much happened over the weekend, but the major event happened this past Saturday morning when I took place in a Yahoo fantasy football online draft. The pool is consisted of mostly some of my Cornell friends, but some other acquainted friends are also joined in for the frenzy. We have 12 teams in our pool, and for the past 2 years that I have done this, it has always been a fun and competitive league between everyone, and it gives me an excuse to take a break and watch as much football as I can on Sundays! ^_^ My team consists of the following players...



Starting Lineup

QB: Michael Vick

WR: Torry Holt

WR: Steven Smith

RB: Duce Staley

RB: Chris Brown

WR/TE: Reggie Wayne

WR/RB: Peter Warrick

TE: Randy McMichael

Kicker: Mike Vanderjagt

Defense: Seattle



Bench

QB: Jack Delhomme

WR: Eddie Kennison

RB: Mike Alstott

TE: Anthony Becht

Kicker: Morton Anderson

Defense: Green Bay



So far, I feel pretty good about this team, although I heard that Vick is semi-injured. However, if he is healthy, I am confident Vick will do well. Torry Holt was a monster last year receiving, so I coudln't go wrong with him, and Steve Smith has been consistent for Carolina. I'm sort of worried about the WR/TE and WR/RB situation, but I'll let Wayne and Warrick play it out and see how they do. Duce has the nod in Pittsburgh as the lead running man after a nice stint in Philly last year, and I unintentionally picked Chris Brown (well, the Yahoo picker picked it for me since I missed out on selected a person in the given alotted time), but it looks like Brown will be the man in Tennessee, so hopefully he's due for a breakout season after Eddie George left for Dallas. Randy McMichael was the only familiar name in the TE group when I was picking for a TE, so he got the nod for that position :P Vanderjagt is on Indianapolis, who can score score score, so he'll definately get his changes to kick field goals and extra points. I was kind of unsure to have Seattle as a defense, but someone at the draft exclaimed that it was a good pick, so hopefully that's a good sign of things to come! As for my past team performances, my first team 2 years ago was up and down, so it managed to get the 8th and final playoff spot. BUT, I did upset the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs, so that was a good feeling ^_^ The team I had last year was SOLID in the RB position, which consisted of Priest Holmes (Mr. Touchdown), Jamal Lewis (Mr. Lots of Running Yards), and Stephan Davis (Mr. Consistent), so I had pretty good scoring weeks if all three of them were playing. I was kind of weak in the QB position (Drew Bledsoe laid a egg after having two good first games), but Jon Kitna had a breakout season, so it kind of evened out. I predict that if some of my starters are injured, I might linger near the 7th or 8th position out of 12, but if all the starters are playing without injury, it'll be interesting to see how well my team does ^_^



I also managed to catch the Bourne Supremacy on Saturday evening, but my friend Dennis and I went to 3 theaters to find a time that was suitable! The first theater was sold out at the time we wanted to see, the second theater had a showing with a 2 hour wait, and we only had to wait an hour or so at the third theater. The third theater was at the Easton Shopping Center, which is a really nice mall, so if you ever decide to come visit Columbus and really like to shop and browse, Easton is definately a place to go. Anyways, the Bourne Supremacy is a decent movie, but the ONE big problem I had was with the camera work. Every action scene was SOOO JITTERY it was almost unbearable to watch the action because you couldn't follow it -.- But other than that, if you want a good popcorn action movie to see this summer (and your eyes can scan fast), the Bourne Supremacy is definately one to watch.

No comments: