Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sneak Peek

Ok, it's not really a sneak peek, but my friend Ryan managed to get some free tickets from one of his friends for an advanced screening of Serenity, and he asked me to tag along with him since his roommate was busy. For whatever reason, I expected the theater to not be full since, hey, it's an advanced screening, but when we got there about 15 minutes before the show, the entire theater was pretty much packed, so I guess these tickets weren't so exclusive after all :P What was sort of interesting was that some rows were reserved for the reviewers of the local newspaper. But anyways, as for the movie, it's based off a Sci-fi show, and I personally don't follow sci-fi shows that much or care too much for them, so the movie on a scale from 1 to 10 was about a 5.5 to 6. The one thing in the movie which I just sort of shook my head was the fact the movie forced itself to be funny too much. There would be random jokes and comments inserted here and there, which the audience must have been sniffing some laughing gas because they ate it all up, but Ryan and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. But I guess if you follow the series the movie is based on and if you're a sci-fi junkie, you'll probably appreciate this movie more than I did.

Update: I had forgotten to mention that there were a lot of "bloggers" out in the audience. Apparently, as I understand, this was suppose to be a new method of promotion to have bloggers post their opinions and reactions to the movie. But as you can see by my reaction, the reactions probably aren't all positive :P You can find more opinions about Serenity at this link here.

No comments: